Photobucket

Thursday 25 August 2011

Gone - my book review

Gone (Gone, #1)Gone by Michael Grant

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


True Rating: 4.5



Everyone disappears upon their fifteen birthday. Poof. Gone.


The concept of this novel was very intriguing, and though it was a thick book, I got through it without getting a tad bored. Good from the start, brilliant to the end.


When I read the blurb of the book, I didn't really understand the 'power' bit. So when I got to reading the book, I was actually slightly surprised when I found out about the powers. I have yet to see the types of powers you can have. (My favourite would be Taylor's!)


Also, I'd like to mention that the puzzle pieces come together in the end. At first I was wary of Lana, Albert and Mary's presence in the book, but things become clearer in the end, and these 3 supporting characters get a slightly larger role near the final duration of the novel.


Things I liked:

+ The plot
+ The characters
+ The way the story is written; jumping to different character's opinions, while staying in third-person perspective.
+ The cliff-hanger. God, it made me thirsty. I mean, er, hungry...


Thing I didn't like:

- The complexity of the large array of main/supporting characters. It got so confusing with so many things happening with so many people.



I am definitely going to borrow Hunger from the library when I finish getting through the huge stack of books in my room...!



View all my reviews
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...