Photobucket

Sunday 21 August 2011

Cover Crazy #5


I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to read this edition of Wintergirls. Oh well. Gives me more of an excuse to rave about it!

  • Wintergirls. What's the first thing you think of when you hear the title? Cold, icy, grim, shivering, frost. You can decide for yourself what the girl is looking through on the front cover.
  • The girl's eye. Huh. Just one, not the other. The other is either covered by hair or a thick slab of ice. One eye... Unbalanced... Helpless... Needy... Desperate... In trouble. It all comes together neatly. There is something wrong with this girl, and something needs to be done.
  • Just looking at the image on the top-left gives me shivers. I'm all about colours and how well they fit together. In this case, I can mainly spot turquoises, blacks and sky-blues. But there is also the dash of pink from the girl's lips and white from the author's name. But there is a reason why these are called cold colours.                                                
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...